They're BACK! Flat Street Brew Pub and March's Gallery Walk!

"Wash", oil on canvas, 24x24, 2012

Tomorrow I will be installing some brand-spanking new paintings at Flat Street Brew Pub & Tap Room for Gallery Walk, (Friday, March 2nd, 5:30-8:30) and throughout the month of March. As I illustrate in my preceding post, for the past month I've been at work on some new paintings in the studio, most of which are inspired by my own romanticizing of a "real" Vermont winter graced with gently powdered roads. As a native New Englander, this has been one of the most snow-less winters that I can ever remember, and to be honest, it's been kind of depressing. I'm not even an avid skiier. I think it's that snow conjures up feelings of comfort for me, and a sense of time, and celebration of seasons. Funny is though, as I write this post, I am smiling as snow now falls outside my window in my periphery. Oh snow! Oh snow! You've come to visit, at last! Just in time!

Now about Flat Street Brew Pub...not only is this place just an all-around great place to hang out with friends (with an impressively ample beer selection), but now more than ever, it is a true symbol of resilience, community and overcoming adversity. If you live in Brattleboro or frequent here, you saw and heard how badly this special place was hit by the wretched storm of Irene and her flooding waters. Of all the commercial establishments in town, Flat Street was hit the hardest, which was a huge loss for everyone and most obviously a great devastation to its owners and dedicated employees. The great news however, is that with a humongous community effort and great labor of love by its owners and staff, they were remarkably able to re-open the bar just a few couple months ago, and as of this week, have their kitchen back up and running with a full bar menu in swing!Yipee!

So come on down to the Flat Street Brew Pub this Friday night for Gallery Walk from 5:30-8:30, grab yourself a beer and a burg and catch the last glimpse of winter on the walls before it's gone!

Flat Street Brew Pub & Tap Room


Phone
1 802.257.1911
Website
Hours (estimated)
Mon:5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tue:1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Wed:4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Thu - Sat:12:00 pm - 12:00 am
Sun:3:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Comments

Popular Posts